Aren’t there enough adjustable beds already? What’s so special about these adjustable beds from Glideaway? Well.. this Glideaway adjustable bed review was put together to provide a clear answer to that question. Keep reading to find out the unique features of the Glideaway beds.
Glideaway Adjustable Bed Frame Reviews
There is one hugely unique feature on the Glideaway adjustable bases that makes them standout from the rest. As you could guess from the unique incline of the bed, this is a special electric reclining bed.
The #1 Major Benefit of the Glideaway Adjustable Beds
The main benefit of the Glideaway Elevation and Ascend adjustable beds is their ability to prevent heartburn in sleepers thanks to its ‘elevation lift’ position. This position, also known as the Anti/Reverse Trendelenburg Position, prevents stomach acid from refluxing in to the esophagus, against gravity.
This is why the Glideaway Elevation and Ascend adjustable beds take our top spots as;
Before we get in to the nitty gritty of the Glideaway adjustable bed, let’s take a look at some of the popular pros and cons of this unique electric bed.
15 Pros/Benefits of the Glideaway Elevation Adjustable Bed
- The whole adjustable base can be articulated/tilted into the unique ‘Elevate Lift Position’ aka Anti/Reverse Trendelenburg Position
- Fabric upholstered ‘furniture style’ adjustable bed aka ‘deck-on-deck’ design
- Has pillow tilting in addition to head and foot tilting
- Wall hugger/wall snuggler
- Built-in Bluetooth speakers
- Three factory-preset memory positions
- Two programmable/customizable memory positions
- Many safety features
- Weight capacity of 800 lbs/pounds on the split-king version
- Wireless, backlit remote controller
- Sleep enhancement technology – total body massage/vibration
- Under-bed LED light and LED flashlight
- 4 USB ports
- German-engineered adjustable frame and motor
- Can be operated via your smartphone app
Below, we have described each of the above features in detail.
4 articulation positions
Most adjustable beds have only two or three articulations. But the Glideaway Elevation adjustable bed has the following 4 articulations.
- Elevation position aka Anti/Reverse-Trendelenburg position (RTP) – the bed has a separate motor for this elevation
- Pillow Tilt – an additional level of head tilt that helps you further straighten your head. A feature seen on only a handful adjustable beds such as this popular model. Especially useful for watching TV, reading books, eating breakfast, working on your laptop etc.
- Head Tilt – every adjustable bed on planet earth has this articulation
- Foot Tilt – nearly every adjustable bed out there has this articulation
How is the Anti-Trendelenburg Position useful for an adjustable bed?
At the time of writing this, no other adjustable bed in the market was able to tilt the whole bed into a reverse/anti-Trendelenburg position (RTP) like the Glideaway beds could. Well.. actually, I take that back. There are no other residential-level adjustable beds that could be articulated to an RTP. However, there are hospital and surgical beds that can do this.
Compared to ‘regular’ adjustable beds, the RTP position of the Glideaway beds has multiple health benefits:
- helps combat acid reflux/GERD/heartburn
- helps elders/seniors easily get into and out of bed
- allows back, side and stomach sleepers to sleep in an anti-Trendelenburg position all night long
Heartburn in a flat sleeping position vs elevated sleeping on the Glideaway bed
How good are other adjustable beds at combating heartburn?
A picture is worth a 1000 words!
Glideaway Elevation Bed
Regular adjustable beds
The images below are pretty self-explanatory. The head-raised position is definitely helpful for reading, watching TV, working on your laptop, taking a short nap etc. etc. But do you think you’ll be able to sleep in that position all night long? You may be able to, with a minor inclination of ~5 degrees; but anything more than that, you’ll struggle to twist, turn or curl. Not many of us sleep in the ‘soldier position’ all night long. This is a huge disadvantage of ordinary adjustable beds.
Check out the images below.
Best sleeping postures to prevent acid-reflux/ heartburn/ GERD
WebMD recommends two sleeping postures for nightmare acid reflux aka heartburn aka Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). They are:
- For back-sleepers: sleep in an upward incline with your upper body elevated 6 to 8 inches above the lower body. This sleeping posture will prevent your stomach acid from refluxing against gravity towards the throat.
- For side-sleepers: Sleeping on your left side with the upper body inclined is the best option
Does the Glideaway Elevation adjustable bed let you do the above?
It certainly does.
- Back-sleepers: can sleep inclined all night long or they can even turn to their left or right occasionally, as they please.
- Side-sleepers: can sleep inclined on left or right recumbency all night long or they can even occasionally lie on their backs or stomachs, as they please.
Does a ‘regular’ adjustable bed let you do the above?
NOPE, not even close!!
Conclusion on the Glideaway Adjustable Bed Frame
If you’re looking for an adjustable bed for a senior individual or someone with acid reflux, there’s no better bed than the Glideaway Elevation adjustable bed.
Regular adjustable beds will cut you in half when you incline the upper body. This can in fact aggravate acid reflux. However, when it comes to the Glideaway adjustable bases, they don’t cut you in half. Instead your whole body inclines without you having to ‘bend’ at the waist. So, even though you’re elevated and inclined, your body stays flat. This position allows you to turn, twist, curl etc. etc. as and when you wish.
This is the very reason that the Glideaway adjustable bed wins a top position in our list of 10 best adjustable beds.
Glideaway Elevation vs Ascend Adjustable Bed Comparison
|Glideaway Elevation Bed||Glideaway Ascend Bed|
|Head and foot tilting||Yes||Yes|
|Wireless Bluetooth speakers||Yes||No|
|Price||MORE Info…||LESS – More Info Here…|