We have talked about the best adjustable beds elsewhere. Let’s just call them best general purpose adjustable beds. But when it comes to the elderly, there are a few special-purpose adjustable beds specifically made for the our loving seniors.
This is currently our best recommended adjustable bed for seniors or anybody else.
|$ 200 off Coupon Here…|
Discount Coupon valid as of 8.30pm, December 1st, 2019
Why? Because it has the following features:
- $200 coupon going on this Black Friday Deals Week!! To make things even sweeter, there is a
We have organized this bed review into 3 sections
- Best sleep-to-stand adjustable beds
- Best Elevating adjustable beds
- Best recommended budget-friendly adjustable beds for seniors
The Best Adjustable Beds for Seniors
Have you heard of sit-to-stand adjustable beds? I don’t think a lot of explanation is necessary. The image below explains exactly what a sit-to-stand bed is!
Major benefits of sleep-to-stand beds
- Seniors or individuals with painful knees/backs will especially benefit from this type of bed
- The bed does all the work for you
- The sleeper is relieved from all muscle and joint pains he/she may get while getting into or out of bed
- Click Here for More Information and Customer Reviews
- This type of sit-to-stand beds (also known as sleep-to-stand adjustable beds) are electric operated.
- The motorized bed elevates the sleeper from the sleeping position all the way up to a sitting position or subsequently to a standing position.
- Getting into or out of bed (entry and exit) is completely taken care of!!
Brand Name: Envyy
The best electric reclining bed for seniors is the height-adjustable Glideaway Elevation adjustable bed. As of June 2018, Glideaway is the only manufacturer of such height-adjustable reclining beds.
Unique ‘Elevate & Lift’ feature of the Glideaway Elevation Adjustable Bed
The Glideaway Elevation
Other adjustable beds
A picture is worth a thousand words. I hope you see the unique feature of the Glideaway adjustable bed series now.
So why is it a suitable adjustable bed for the elderly?
Getting in and out of a ‘low’ bed can be difficult not only for senior citizens, but even for some of us middle aged guys and gals. You can simply ‘elevate’ the Glideaway bed and jump on it or off it and then lower it when you want to fall asleep. Other adjustable beds can’t do that and your only option with them is to really bend down at your knees.
You can compare this a bit to the Power Lift Recliner Chairs. They basically do the same thing; the power recliners ‘lift’ themselves up so that a person sitting on it or getting out of it can do so, almost at a standing position.
The height-adjustable Glideaway beds are built on the same principle. Those with back or knee pains can get in and out of bed without straining those joints!
Any other health benefits of this elevated position?
If you’ve ever owned or slept on an adjustable bed, you already know that those fancy positions like the lounging/zero-gravity positions don’t work for side-sleepers and stomach-sleepers. If you belong to any one of the above categories, you can only make use of above positions for resting, TV watching, book reading etc.
If you sleep on your side or on your stomach, you essentially have to flatten the bed when you sleep. That’s not very helpful if you have acid reflux, for example, is it?
The Glideaway Elevation is a different beast of a bed. It actually lets you sleep on your back, stomach or side flattened and elevated. This is known as the reverse Trendelenburg position. Ordinary adjustable beds from Sleep Number, Tempur-Pedic, Leggett & Platt, Reverie or Ergomotion cannot do it (as of June 2018). This is a huge positive of these adjustable beds.
In addition, those with back pain have also reported better relief with the reverse Trendelenburg position. Because the gravity is pulling your lower body down, the pressure on the spinal cord decreases notably.
Glideaway Ascend Adjustable Bed
On the images, the Glideaway Elvation and Ascend look awfully similar. What exactly is the difference between these two? You ask… We have provided a Glideaway adjustable bed review elsewhere, but for the sake of this article, we’ll do a quick comparison below.
|Glideaway Elevation Bed||Glideaway Ascend Bed|
|Head tilt and foot tilt||Yes||Yes|
Quite frankly, there isn’t another adjustable bed on the market that will specifically address medical issues associated with geriatrics. If the above three beds are too pricey for your liking, or you don’t need those special-purpose sleep-to-stand or elevation beds, the Lucid L100 and Blissful Nights adjustable beds that are extremely economically priced should do the job for you.
Lucid L100 adjustable bed for seniors
What makes the Lucid L100 suitable for older individuals?
- Economically priced – Less than $400 for a Queen Adjustable Bed. Now that is unheard of in the market of rising beds.
- Lightweight bed frame
- Comes pre-assembled – (1) unpack the box, (2) unfold the bed that is folded in half, (3) screw on the legs, and (4) plug it in. How long do you think that’ll take you?
- Click Here for More Info
Blissful Nights Ananda Adjustable Bed
The Blissful Nights Ananda Adjustable Bed is an excellent adjustable bed with most of the bells and whistles you would expect on an adjustable bed, but for a low, wallet-friendly price.
The major features of the Blissful Nights Ananda adjustable bed
- The adjustable frame comes with the Ananda 12″ Pearl & Gel Infused Premium-quality Memory Foam Mattress which provides pressure relief where necessary
- Head tilt, Foot tilt, and Pillow tilt
- One Touch Flat, Anti Snore and Zero Gravity preset memory positions
- Programmable Memory Positions
- Dual Therapeutic Massage with 3 intensity levels for muscle relaxation and improved blood circulation
- Dual USB Ports on each side of the adjustable base (4 ports in total)
- whisper quite motors
- Wireless Back lit Remote
- Adjustable Height Legs – choose from 6″, 9″ or 12″
- Smart bed with Ananda Base Wifi phone app
- Simple assembly requires no tools
- Click Here for More Info
Conclusion on adjustable beds for seniors
In summary, these are our Top 5 Adjustable Beds for Elders
- Envyy Sleep-to-Stand adjustable bed
- Glideaway Elevation adjustable bed (read our Glideaway elevation bed review here)
- Glideaway Ascend adjustable bed
- Lucid L100 bed
- Blissful Nights Ananda adjustable base with adjustable mattress
We hope the above review of the best adjustable beds for seniors solved your queries. If the above models were not what you had in mind, please check out our list of top 12 adjustable beds. Alternatively, you can also check out real hospital beds like this model. It too has the ability to elevate approximately 10 inches which may be sufficient, especially if there is a 12″ or more adjustable mattress on top of the bed frame.
Good luck and don’t forget to let us know how helpful this review was!