Prodigy Comfort Elite – Best Foundation and Adjustable Mattress Combo
This model was given birth to by Leggett & Platt in 2018/19 when they added the major modification ‘lumbar support’, to their famous Prodigy 2.0 adjustable frame. Currently, the Prodigy Comfort Elite and the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed Plus rank in the 2nd and 3rd positions of our top 10 adjustable beds. This is a very high-end foundation that packs almost all the features of our #1 ranked DM9000s, except a few major specs.
The Prodigy Comfort Elite lacks the following features compared to the DM9000s:
- No Furniture-style decking
- Not a zero-clearance model (not storage-bed compatible)
7 Pros and Cons of the Leggett & Platt Prodigy Comfort Elite
5 Major Benefits of the Prodigy Comfort Elite bed
- Independent Pillow Tilting: similar to the DM9000s, this has a dedicated motor for pillow tilting. The foot section can be tilted by up to 45 degrees, the head section can be tilted by up to 75 degrees, and the pillow section can be tilted by up 7 degrees.
- Wall Hugging: it has ~8″ of back travel towards the headboard so that you stay adjacent to the nightstand
- Four Memory Positions: It has 2 preset memory positions (anti-snore and flat) and two programmable positions which you can set according to your personal needs.
- Independent Lumbar Support: similar to the DM9000s, this too has a separate lumbar support bar operated by a dedicated button on the remote
- Miscellaneous Features:
- 8 USB Ports: 4 ports on either side
- Head and Foot Therapeutic Massage with pulse and wave massage
- 6″ – 10″ height adjustable legs let you raise or lower the frame as per your personal preferences
- Under-bed lighting
- Smart bed with iOS and Android apps
- Available in Twin XL, Queen, King and Split-king sizes
- Price fluctuates, we’ve never seen it cheaper than $2500 for a split-king model. That’s about $600 – 700 more expensive than the DM9000s
2 Cons/ Limitations
- Foundation-style adjustable base: unlike the DM9000s, this is not a Furniture-style frame. However, this can be a good thing if you’re going to place it inside a wooden frame
- Not compatible with platform beds or storage beds: as you can see from the image above, various arms stick out the bottom preventing you from using it as a zero-clearance bed or keeping it on the floor
Even though this doesn’t have all the features of the DM9000s, it can still provide you with the majority of the health benefits of the DynastyMattress DM9000s.