Comparisons Updated: September 2019
Thank you for visiting Bedroom Solutions. Your presence here tells us that you want to find out about today's best adjustable beds. Rest assured knowing that you're in the right place and that you will gain invaluable information about how to choose the right adjustable bed for yourself.
- Pillow Tilting
- Programmable Memory Positions
- Wall Hugging
- Lumbar Support
- Elevation Lift
- Furniture-style Decking
More than 25 features analyzed...
Many of the so called unbiased, online adjustable bed reviews publish their lists of top rated adjustable beds without any justifiable reasoning to back their claims. In contrast, our best adjustable bed ratings have a strong scientific reasoning behind it. We have carefully analyzed over 25 adjustable bed features when compiling our list of Top 12 Adjustable Beds. Furthermore, we have identified 6 critical features that can 'make or break' the deal for you and we discuss them in detail on the video below.
Please invest a few minutes of your valuable time to watch the following video and to educate yourself on how to pick your perfect adjustable bed.
Please UnMute for Sounds
Now that you've watched our video, here are the two simple steps you need to follow in order to pick the adjustable bed frame that suits you the best.
Step #1: understand what's different between High-End vs Entry-Level adjustable beds
NOTE: Adjustable bed manufacturers have introduced each of the 'High-End' specs for a reason (which we explain on the video above). That doesn't mean all of us need all of those specs. If you have no use for such high-end features, you don't have to buy a model with them fancy specs. We have listed below a bunch of high-quality entry-level bases that offer all the basic functions expected of an adjustable base.
Step #2: pick the best adjustable base from our comparisons
Top 12 Best Adjustable Beds
We have sub-divided our top rated models as high-end and entry-level beds based on the various features on offer.
- Top 7 High-end Adjustable Beds
- Top 5 Budget-Friendly Adjustable Bed Frames
Our Top 2 Featured Adjustable Beds
The Overall Best Adjustable Bed
First of all, it has the "3 MUST-HAVE" Features Revealed on the Above Video:
- Independent Pillow tilting for more comfortable reading, TV watching and browsing
- Wall hugging to keep you close to the nightstand even in the upright position
- FOUR Memory (3 customizable + 1 preset) Positions on the remote to get to your favorite positions without a hassle
Secondly, it has these 'Icing on the Cake' Features:
- Lumbar support to relieve those tired/aching back muscles
- Upholstered, furniture-style decking for gorgeous looks (hides the metal frames and lets you use it without a wooden bed frame)
- Quad-massage (4-zone massage instead of the dual-massage found on most models)
- Economically Priced: ~ $1000 cheaper than certain popular, less-feature-rich models (for a split-king size)
- Lifetime Warranty on the Steel Frame
- 10-Year Full Warranty on Parts and Labor
Thirdly, it has these additional 'BONUS' features:
- Four USB Ports (2 on either side)
- Height adjustable legs (6 - 10 inches)
- Bluetooth speaker + subwoofer
- Under-bed LED lighting
- Microhook mattress retention + bar to ensure mattress doesn't slide down when the head is raised
Scroll Down to the Comparison Tables for More Details
If you don't want all these fancy features, don't worry. There are 11 other adjustable bases on the tables below
Best Price for Pillow Tilting
It has 2 of the 3 "MUST-HAVE" Features Discussed on the Video:
- Independent Pillow tilting
- FOUR Memory Positions (1 programmable + 3 presets: Zero Gravity, Anti-Snore and Flat)
It also has the following additionalfeatures:
- Head and Foot tilting like all other adjustable beds
- Head and Foot dual-massage
- Four USB Ports
- Under-bed LED lighting
- Height adjustable legs
- No-tools assembly
- Great Price: ~ $750 cheaper than the DM9000s (for a split-king bed)
Don't forget to count the percentage of 5-star and 4-star consumer ratings
No it doesn't have the Wall Hugging, Lumbar Support, or the Upholstered Furniture-style decking; but you can't expect those for this pricing structure.
Also available as adjustable bed frame + mattress combo here...
On this first table, we review and compare our Top 7 high-end adjustable beds. If you need any of the special features like pillow tilting, wall hugging, lumbar support or furniture-style decking, you need to go through this review of our top rated adjustable bed frames of 2019.
Top 7 High-End Adjustable Beds
Height Adjustable Legs
Overall Best Adjustable Bed
Best Value for Money High-End Bed
Best Adjustable Bed for Back Pain
High-quality Runner-up Bed
W. G. S. + 10-Year Extended Warranty
BEST Bed for Heartburn/ Acid Reflux
Recently received a substantial price-cut!
Pillow Tilting isn't independent; but does the job!
Best-value Adjustable Frame-Mattress Combo
Pillow Tilting isn't independent
Best Price for a Pillow Tilting Base
However, as explained on the video above, you may NOT need ALL or any of the above described features in your bed. For example, you don't need Lumbar Support if you don't have back problems; you don't need Elevation Lift if you don't have heartburn etc. etc. If you're looking for am economically priced, simple adjustable bed frame without the bells and whistles of high-end adjustable beds, the following Entry Level adjustable bed reviews and comparisons are for you.
Top 5 Budget-Friendly Adjustable beds
Height Adjustable legs
Best Value for Money Entry-Level Frame
Valid as of 7AM, 09/21
Very Popular Entry-Level Bed
Best Budget-friendly Bed without massage
Cheapest adjustable bed
Scary Cheap Split King
Note: adjustable bed rankings were calculated according to these rules.
Now you should have a fairly good idea on (i) which features make adjustable beds high-end models or entry-level models, (ii) which adjustable base will serve you the best. If you're still not sure about which model suits you best, check out the following adjustable bed frame review based on the functions they specialize in.
Bedroom Solutions' best rated adjustable beds based on their specialized functions
Overall Best Adjustable Bed – Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0 adjustable bed
Best Adjustable Beds for Back Pain – Reverie 9T, Leggett and Platt Prodigy 2.0 with Lumbar Support
Best for Seniors – Glideaway Elevation and Ascend beds
Best Beds for GERD/Acid Reflux – Glideaway Elevation and Ascend
Best Mid-Range Adjustable Beds – Reverie 8Q, Leggett and Platt S-Cape
Best Anti-Snore Bed – Reverie 8Q and Prodigy 2.0
Best Adjustable Beds Prices / Value for Money – iDealBed 4i Custom, Lucid L300
Best Value Split-King adjustable beds – Blissful Nights
Best Entry-Level Models – Hofish, Lucid L100, Classic Brands adjustable beds
Best Luxury Adjustable Beds – Sleep Number FlexFit Smart adjustable bed and TEMPUR-Ergo® Extend adjustable base
Best Adjustable Beds
Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0 – Overall Best Adjustable Bed
This is our #1 recommended best adjustable bed for the reasons explained below.
Why does Leggett & Platt’s Prodigy 2.0 get our highest recommendation?
Because it has the following high-end specs… and more…
- Pillow tilting:
Most electric beds have only head tilting and foot tilting. But the best of the best adjustable beds for sale such as the Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0, have an additional level of adjustment known as pillow tilting. Pillow tilting ensures that your head and neck are adequately supported by the adjustable frame. This is especially useful when you are watching TV, reading a book, having breakfast-in-bed, checking out President Trump on your new iPad/laptop etc. in the ‘sit-up’ position. Here’s another adjustable base with pillow tilting. It is our #2 recommended adjustable base in the high-end list.
Programmable/customizable memory positions: ‘ordinary’ adjustable bases have factory preset memory positions that are often NOT customizable according to your personal needs. In contrast, high-end adjustable frames like the Prodigy adjustable bed comes with programmable memory positions. This basically allows you to adjust your bed to your favorite custom ‘book reading’, ‘laptop using’, ‘lounging’ position etc. and to store that position in the remote’s memory. Once you’ve stored your favorite positions, you can recall that favorite position with the press of a single button (instead of pressing “up” and “down” buttons a hundred times, until you find that perfect spot).
- Wall hugging: On some of the basic models of bed bases, when the ‘head’ is raised, your whole upper body moves forward, away from the wall/headboard. This motion also brings you away from your nightstand. So, if you had a book or TV remote on the nightstand, now you’re going to have to reach backwards to grab them. This is not very convenient. This uncomfortable movement can also cause some back problems, and you don’t want that. We strongly urge you to stay away from electric beds that are not ‘wall hugger’ models. The L&P Prodigy 2.0 is a wall hugger model that will save your back! A picture is worth a thousand words. See below…
- Full body massage: we’ll be the first to admit that the quality of massage you get from these adjustable beds is nowhere near what you get from your professional masseur. But, hey, if you can’t afford a masseur on a daily basis, this head-to-toe bed massage will do wonders to relax you down after a hectic day’s work. The Prodigy 2.0 offers Dual, full-body massage. In other words, there are two separate ‘massage motors’ for upper and lower body therapeutic massage. In addition to ‘regular’ massage, it also comes with Wave action to relax those tired muscles from head to toe. You also have the option of 3 speeds (low, medium, high) for your therapeutic massage.
- USB ports: one may think it’s silly to have USB ports on an adjustable base. But, if you use ‘smart’ devices on a daily basis (smartphone, tablet computer/iPad, MP3 player/iPod, Bluetooth speaker, Bluetooth headphones etc.) that can be charged using USB ports, these can be really handy. The Prodigy 2.0 is the king when it comes to built-in USB ports. It has EIGHT USB ports in total (four on each side). That’s almost overkill; hey but you’ve certainly got nothing to lose with a few extra USB ports!
- Two factory-preset memory positions: one-touch flat button and anti-snore position
- Lift capacity: has an industry-leading lift capacity of 850 pounds
- Miscellaneous specs of the Prodigy 2.0:
- Alarm clock (bed would vibrate without disturbing your partner on split-king models)
- Sleep timer (bed would automagically adjust itself to the ‘flat’ position from ‘TV watching position’ – once you fall asleep -)
- Under-bed lighting
- Illuminated/backlit remote controller
- ‘Whisper’ quiet motors
- High safety standards
- Adjustable leg height: 6 – 8 inches
- Free fall during power outages
- Microhook retention system: instead of the messy mattress retaining bars. The 2017-2018 series of Leggett & Platt bed bases have done away with the mattress retainer bars because they get in the way when you’re making the bed. These L&P beds have a microhook retention system that ‘sticks’ to the mattress. This way, even without the retainer bars, the mattress won’t slide down when the head is raised.
- Smart bed: the bed can be adjusted using apps on your Android/Apple phone
- Bluetooth connectivity
You really couldn’t ask for a better adjustable bed than the feature-rich Leggett & Prodigy 2.0. Don’t forget to read our detailed review on the Leggett and Platt Prodigy 2.0 that looks at 25 Pros and Cons of this adjustable bed.
Reverie 8Q Adjustable Bed – 1st Runner Up
The Reverie 8Q is our #2 recommended adjustable bed frame. It ranks right behind the Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0. The Reverie 8Q foundation has the following major specs.
- Pillow tilting (in addition to head and foot tilting)
- 4 customizable memory positions
- 10-speed dual body therapeutic massage
- Wall-hugging. However, the image below will show you that the Reverie 8Q’s wall hugging is NOT as good as that of the Prodigy 2.0
- Three factory-preset memory positions: anti-snore, zero gravity and one-touch flat
- 4 mattress retainer bars: before Leggett & Platt introduced the Microhook retention system, all adjustable beds for sale had mattress retaining bars. Most of them had just one at the foot of the bed to prevent the mattress from sliding down when the head is raised. But, Reverie beds always had 4 retainer bars at the 4 corners which kept the mattress in place very well. However, this also means that you’ll have to work around them when making the bed (to work the fitted sheets under and through them) and that can be irritating sometimes!
- Smart bed: there are custom Reverie smartphone apps that you can use to play with the bed
- Alarm clock and sleep timer thanks to smartphone apps
- 1 USB port on the remote stand
- 1 A/C outlet on the remote stand
- Under-bed lighting
- 3 – 8 inch height-adjustable steel legs
- Backlit remote controller: nowadays, a standard feature with best electric beds
If you’re unsure about whether to pick the Prodigy 2.0 or the Reverie 8Q, read our Reverie 8Q vs 7S vs 5D vs Leggett and Platt Prodigy 2.0 Comparison
Reverie 9T – Best Adjustable Base for Back Pain
The Reverie 9T is one of the sleekest and most aesthetically pleasing models included in our adjustable beds’ reviews of 2018. It has plenty of great features; the one negative point that kept it from being our #1 rated best adjustable frame is its lack of pillow tilting.
Here are the major Pros of the Reverie 9T foundation:
- Looks – to me, it’s the best looking adjustable bed of modern times. The deck-on-deck design and its furniture-style, curved bottom deck does the trick for me.
- Lumbar support
- FIVE memory positions – 2 customizable + 3 pre-set positions
- 3D massage feature
- Beautiful wireless remote with digital gauge
- Under-bed night light
Here are the major CONS of the Reverie 9T foundation:
- Lack of pillow tilting
- Expensive price tag
We have a detailed review of the Reverie 9T elsewhere. Please refer to it if you’re seriously interested in purchasing a Reverie 9T bed.
Glideaway Elevation – Best Adjustable Bed for heartburn and acid reflux
The Glideaway Elevation and Ascend adjustable beds stand out like a sore finger among other electric beds. Can you guess why, by looking at the image above? That’s right! While other adjustable beds for sale have only 3 articulations, namely, head tilt, foot tilt and pillow tilt, the Glideaway Elevation electric bed has 4 articulations. The 4th is known as the ‘Elevation Lift’ which basically tilts the entire bed upwards at the head region. This position is known as the “Reverse Trendelenburg Position” and makes the Glideaway Elevation one of the best adjustable beds for seniors.
The Glideaway Elevation is undoubtedly one of the most feature-rich electric beds; however, it doesn’t come cheap. It is also one of the most expensive options when considering adjustable beds prices of 2018. This is why it doesn’t get our #1 spot in our list of best adjustable beds.
Major PROS of Glideaway’s Reverse Trendelenburg Position
- Helps combat acid reflux aka heartburn aka GERD
- Helps the elderly and disabled to easily get in and out of bed
Major CONS of Glideaway’s Elevation bed
PRICE – it ain’t cheap; in fact, it’s probably the most expensive in our list of top 10 adjustable foundations.
We have provided a detailed Glideaway adjustable bed review elsewhere; please refer to it for more details and a comparison between the Glideaway Elevation and Glideaway Ascend reclining beds.
iDealBed 4i Custom – Best Value for Money
First things first… iDealBed is not a manufacturer of adjustable beds. iDealBed simply puts their brand name on certain models of Leggett & Platt and Reverie adjustable beds. The iDealBed adjustable beds’ prices are more reasonable than that of Leggett & Platt. They seems to have a few modifications to their original models from L&P and Reverie, but by and large, they’re the same. The most significant difference is on the price tag. The iDealBed models are much cheaper than the ‘original’ branded version.
The Major Pros of the iDealBed 4i Custom
- It’s manufactured by Leggett & Platt; no need to worry about the unheard of brand name
- Designed and engineered in the USA
- 850 lb weight lifting capacity (that’s one heck of a powerful motor)
- ‘Ultra quiet’ motor
- 3-speed and 3-mode (wave, pulse, continuous) massage
- Delivered to your doorstep, all pre-assembled. No need of fancy tools to make it stand up
- 3 factory pre-set memory positions – Zero Gravity, Anti-Snore, and Flat
- 2 customizable memory positions
- Raise the head section up to 70° and the foot section up to 45°
- Wireless back-lit remote (doesn’t look pretty)
- 4 USB ports
- Under-bed night light
The Major Cons of the iDealBed 4i Custom adjustable bed
The following 3 specs are generally only found on the most high-end adjustable luxury bed frames and you shouldn’t be surprised that the 4i doesn’t come with them
- It lacks pillow tilting
- It doesn’t come with wall hugging
- It’s not a deck-on-deck design
We have done a detailed iDealBed 4i Custom review elsewhere on Bedroom Solutions. If you’re seriously considering this model, I highly recommend you check that out.
Leggett & Platt S-Cape 2.0 – Best Mid-Range Bed
Even though this ranks overall 5th in our list, it’s the best model in our mid-range category. The S-Cape 2.0 was released in 2017 and is still very new for 2018. It has almost all the features of the high-end adjustable frame of Prodigy 2.0 except a few features like pillow tilting.
Here’s a breakdown of the major features of the Leggett and Platt S-Cape 2.0 power foundation
- NO Pillow tilting; the S-Cape 2.0 only has head and foot tilting. If you need pillow tilting, you need the Prodigy 2.0
- It has great wall hugging (the bed glides back about 8-9 inches towards the nightstand/headboard)
- It has 2 programmable memory positions and 3 factory preset memory positions on its remote controller
- It has full body, dual-motor massage with regular and wave options of therapeutic massage
- NO messy mattress retainer bars. It has the newest Microhook retention technology which holds the mattress in place even without the retainer bars
- Wireless, backlit, sleek remote controller
- Smartphone controllable
- Under-bed night lighting available
- Four adjustable legs (adjust from 6″ to 10″ in height as you please)
- The remote controller has a ‘Lock’. Once locked, the bed will not move ‘up and down’ due to accidentally pressing the wrong buttons. Especially if you fall asleep with the remote on the bed, your turning and twisting during sleep can accidentally press the wrong buttons on the remote transforming the bed to the TV watching position from a sleeping position. ‘Lock’ your bed using the ‘lock’ button on the remote and sleep with complete peace of mind!
- The S-Cape 2.0+ has 8 USB ports (4 either side). NOTE: The ‘regular’ S-Cape does NOT have any USB ports; only the S-Cape 2.0+ has ’em.
- Anti-snore position on remote controller
- The S-Cape 2.0 also comes with a lift capacity of 850 Lbs
- It is available as 3 sub-models
- The foundation style S-Cape 2.0: this is the basic and cheapest model
- The furniture style S-Cape 2.0: this is the deck-on-deck style; don’t buy this if you’re planning on using this inside your existing bed frame because the frame will cover the beautiful bottom deck
- The S-Cape 2.0+ : this has some extra features like USB ports which the other versions lack
The L&P S-Cape 2.0 is so feature-rich that it deserves to be among ‘HIGH-END’ luxury bed frames. However, because it lacks the pillow tilting feature, we ‘downgraded’ it to the ‘mid-range’ category. However, do not be misled by that; this is an excellent adjustable bed for anyone that doesn’t need pillow tilting.
Reverie 7S – Another Mid-Range Base
Even though we ranked the Reverie 7S behind the Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort Bed, the 7S is far superior to the Classic Brands in many aspects. The only reason it came 2nd to the Classic Brands is because of the more expensive price tag of the Reverie 7S.
Major Pros and Cons of the Reverie 7S adjustable foundation
- Like all of the mid-range bases, the Reverie 7S also does NOT have pillow tilting
- It is a wall hugger according to its manufacturer, however, its level of wall hugging is nowhere near as what you get with the Leggett & Platt Prodigy or S-Cape. Therefore, you’ll still be ‘bending your back’ a little bit when you reach for your night-stand
- It has 2 programmable and 3 factory preset memory positions
- It has 10 speed, full-body massage with the ‘wave’ mode; just like the Reverie 8Q
- As shown on the picture above, it has 4 mattress retaining bars on the 4 corners. It’s great, and it’s not, at the same time. The writing on the photo is pretty self-explanatory!
- Smartphone app controllable
- NO under-the-bed lighting
- NO USB ports
- Come with height adjustable legs (adjust to 3″, 5″ or 8″ in height)
This may not have the bells and whistles of the S-Cape 2.0, however, it has the must have specs of an adjustable frame. Its massage function works as it’s supposed to work, it’s durable and it has a trusted name in the USA.
At the time of writing this, the S-Cape 2.0 is cheaper than the Reverie 7S, so you really can’t justify buying a 7S, when there’s a more feature-rich model available at a cheaper price.
Hofish adjustable bed – Best Quick-Assembly
- The Hofish One-Step Assembly Adjustable Bed does not have many of the high-end specs we talked about earlier
- It does have head and foot tilt allowing you to sit-up to read a book, watch TV or even a play game on your iPhone. It also lets you raise the feet only; or to adopt the zero-gravity position which does wonders if you have RLS (restless leg syndrome).
- It has two programmable memory positions; the existing zero-gravity and TV-watching positions can be customized according to your favorite positions.
- Most adjustable beds prices in this category are marked lower due to the inclusion of wired remote controllers which are not as sexy as wireless remotes. But worry not, the Hofish adjustable bed with an illuminated wireless remote controller (it ain’t pretty, but it does the job!)
- Generally, putting your adjustable bed together, once it’s shipped to your home, is the biggest pain-in-the neck! Not the Hofish, because it comes with a single-step, 3-minute assembly!
- It also comes with anti-crushing technology which prevents a hand, a toy, a dog, getting crushed between the bed frame and the lowering foundation. This is generally, a feature of high-end adjustable beds like the Leggett and Platt Premier Series.
- Reade our full review of this new electric bed here –> Hofish Adjustable Bed Review – 10 Pros and Cons
The following section describes ‘entry-level’ adjustable beds’ reviews, prices and comparisons that made our list of best bed bases. Note that they DO NOT have the following features
- Pillow Tilting
- Wall Hugging
- Programmable Memory Positions
- Smartphone app control
- USB ports
- Under-bed lighting
- Lumbar support
- Bedroom scenes etc.
That’s not necessarily a bad thing. If you want to keep it plain and simple, these wallet-friendly bases may work perfectly well!
Lucid L300 Adjustable Bed – Best Entry-Level Base
The Lucid L300 adjustable base is emerging as a top contender among the entry-level, budget-friendly category of adjustable beds for sale. Here’s a rundown of its major specs.
- Of course, it can’t give you the luxury of pillow tilting or wall hugging at an affordable price tag of $700.
- It doesn’t have the massage option either; no surprises there for the reasonable price point
- It comes with ONE customizable memory position. Multiple programmable positions would have been great. But one is better than none. Program the remote to remember your favorite position (e.g. lounge, zero-gravity, TV watching etc.) and recall it as and when you please, with the press of a single button
- It also comes with one preset memory position: that is the ‘flat’ position.
- It also comes with a flashlight, on the underside of the remote. This too can be very handy, especially at night
- USB Ports. The Lucid adjustable base comes equipped with two USB ports on the under-side of the adjustable foundation. Those that come on the side of the bed are much better.Kneeling under the bed every time you want to charge your phone is impractical. You’ll need to keep the USB charge cable plugged in continuously to make use of these ports. On the plus side, you get these ports on either side of the bed so that both partners can get their phones and tablets charged while they sleep.
- The looks: the L300 comes with a trendy frame that is upholstered in Charcoal Gray cloth. This gives a rich look to this entry-level bed.
- Last but not least, it comes with a 750 pound lifting capacity and a 10-year warranty. You really can’t ask for more from an adjustable bed of this price category
Make sure you read the customer reviews before you buy the Lucid L300
Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort Base – Popular Entry-Level Bed
This is a relatively newly introduced adjustable frame. It is very popular because of its attractive price-tag; however, be informed that you’re getting what you’re paying for. It does not have many of the bells and whistles of most Leggett & Platt, Serta or Reverie adjustable bed reviews for which we have described here. But if you’re after a basic model that is economically priced, the Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort electric bed is what you’re looking for.
Major Pros and Cons of the Classic Brands adjustable bed
- It has NO pillow tilting. But if all you need is head and foot tilting, this will do!
- It has NO wall hugging. We strongly urge you to go with an adjustable bed that is a wall hugger. However, if you’re young and athletic and you’re sure you’ll never get back/neck sprains by leaning backwards to read the night stand; go for it by all means. Oh.. and also, if you’re not planning on having a night-stand, don’t worry about wall hugging at all!
- It has 4 programmable positions. Actually, it comes with 4 factory preset memory positions; (1) lounge, (2) flat, (3) zero-gravity and (4) TV/PC positions. Fortunately, these preset memory programs can be overridden or customized to suit your preferences. This is great. Unfortunately, many users of the Classic brands adjustable bed are not aware of this ‘over-riding’ feature, unlike yourself 🙂 Let’s say you don’t like the built-in zero-gravity position of the Classic brands adjustable comfort bed. First, bring the bed to your favorite zero-gravity position. Secondly, long-press the zero-gravity button on the remote for 3 seconds. Thirdly, enjoy your new, completely customized zero-gravity position that fits you like a glove!
- 3-speed full body massage: Note: the massage function isn’t comparable to the others. According to many reviewers, the vibration is weak and can be barely felt. Secondly, the massage motors/pads are relatively loud! Therefore, we it’s best that you visit your local mattress store and see if they have a Classic Brands adjustable bed for you to test. Check the massage feature; what do you feel? Is it strong or weak? Is it loud or quiet? Compare the strength and noise of the massage motors to a different branded bed and make your final decision!
- Smartphone app controllable? NO
- It has a built-in USB port
- NO under-bed lighting: but this is really NOT a deal breaker. If you need night-lighting, turn on a standalone night lamp; as simple as that 🙂
- Legs can be adjusted to 4″, 7″ or 10.5″
As you will agree, the Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort bed lacks high-end features like wall-hugging and pillow tilting. However, it’ll do the job for someone who doesn’t expect much from their adjustable bed; but if you expect something more from your bed, we urge you to stay away from this. The only reason we ranked this above the Reverie 7S is because of the cheaper priced tag of the Classic Brands adjustable bed. If price wasn’t an issue, in all honesty, the Reverie 7S and S-Cape 2.0 are miles above the Classic Brands adjustable bed.
Leggett & Platt Raven – Sleekest bed frame
- This too doesn’t have all those luxury specs of the high-end models
- This stands out among the entry-level adjustable bed frames based on two specs
- It comes pre-assembled in a queen-mattress sized-box. All you need to do is screw the four legs in. It only takes five minutes to assemble after unpacking.
- Thin profile makes it easy to fit into any bed frame. Further, thanks to the thin frame, you can place even an extra-thick mattress (e.g. 14 inches) without making the bed too tall
- Wireless remote controller – other entry-level models have wired remotes
- Microhook retention – other entry-level models have mattress retaining bars
- Compressed/compact frame – allows it to fit within even the slimmest beds
- Charcoal gray micro-suede fabric gives a luxury look and feel
- Designed, engineered and assembled in the USA
Update January, 2018
Leggett and Platt has released a New Adjustable Bed for 2018 which is even more affordable than other adjustable bed prices, such as the Raven. It looks like L&P has released this model to compete with cheaper models like the Classic Brands and Hofish beds.
Sealy Ease Adjustable Bed – Last but not least bed
- This is our #10 ranked adjustable base that takes the bottom spot.
- This too has a wireless remote controller
- However, it’s no exception to other entry-level brands when it comes to pillow tilting, programmable memory positions, massage, wall hugging etc. It doesn’t have them luxury specs!
What is the best adjustable bed of 2019?
As you could tell from the above adjustable bed reviews, the overall best adjustable bed for 2018/19 is the Leggett & Platt Prodigy 2.0 bed.
Top runners up on the list are Reverie 9T, Reverie 8Q, Glideaway Elevation, Leggett & Platt S-Cape 2.0 and iDealBed 4i Custom beds.
The MUST-WATCH Adjustable Bed Buyers Guide
Now that you have watched the above guide on how to pick one of the best adjustable beds, you should now answer the following two questions.
- What do I want from my adjustable bed?
- Which adjustable bed features do I want in my bed base?
The best adjustable beds for different functions and needs
The adjustable bed will be used for…
Major feature needed for that function
Best adjustable beds for the job
|Watching TV, Reading, Laptop Work||Pillow Tilting||Our #1 Recommended Bed, Reverie 8Q|
|Snoring||Pillow Tilting||Same as above|
|GERD/Acid Reflux||Elevation Lift Articulation||Glideaway Elevation and Ascend beds|
|Seniors||Elevation Lift Articulation||Same as above|
|Easily Reaching the Nightstand||Wall Hugging||Prodigy 2.0, S-Cape 2.0|
|Back Pain||Lumbar Support||Prodigy 2.0 with Lumbar Support, Reverie 9T|
|Relaxing Tired Muscles||Therapeutic Massage Motors||Same as above|
|Instantly Adopting Your Favorite Position||Programmable Memory Positions||Prodigy 2.0, Reverie 9T and 8Q|
|Charging Devices||USB Ports||Prodigy 2,0, S-Cape 2.0, Hofish, iDealBed 4i Custom|
|Awesome Looks||Deck-on-Deck Furniture Style Design||Reverie 8Q, 9T, Signature 8i, 7S, S-Cape 2.0|
|The Best of the Best Adjustable Beds have all of the above features and more…|
Can you now decide which adjustable base fulfills your needs the best?
Typical Adjustable Bed Prices
Adjustable bed prices can range from approximately $350 – 8000 (for a Lucid L100 base vs a Sleep Number FlexFit 3 or certain Tempur-Pedic, Glideaway and Leggett & Platt models).
Entry-level adjustable bed frames work best for…
An entry-level adjustable frame like the Hofish, Lucid L300, Leggett & Platt Raven or the Reverie 7S would do just fine
- If all you want is to raise the head (e.g. to watch TV) or feet (e.g.. you have restless leg syndrome),
- If you have no intention of using therapeutic massage, USB ports, Bluetooth connectivity, smartphone compatibility etc.
- If you’re on a budget and don’t want to spend for features you’ll rarely use
High-end Adjustable Beds for Sale
If what you expect from an adjustable bed is not what is listed above, you will want a top-of-the-line adjustable bed with all the bells and whistles, we recommend you choose a model like the Leggett and Platt Prodigy 2.0 or even the Glideaway Elevation if you need an acid reflux bed.
Last but not least, remember that you’ll need to compliment your high-quality adjustable bed with a durable adjustable bed mattress. Be sure to explore our website to view specific adjustable bed reviews, prices and more.